SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Thursday, August 9, 2018

8TH GRADE 101


Making Friends

The first step to 8th grade is to make friends and make them fast. Friends are key to Middle School so you have people to talk to about your day, fun adventures, ideas, share laughs and deep secrets with. Yes I know it may be a struggle for some people to make friends because they may be to shy or too embarrassed, I mean the list goes on...

Steps to make friends quick:

  • On the first day of school when you get your assigned seats/tables start making small talk to the people next to you and have confidence, it works all the time I mean that’s how I met some of my best friends throughout elementary school and as I entered middle school.
  • small talk is basically just saying "how was your summer?", "What did you do this summer?", its really just asking simple questions like that so its not awkward.
  • After you make small talk you are going to want to ask to sit with them at lunch.  Have specific meeting place so you guys don’t loose each other in a big scary mob, I know...been there, done that.
  • Keeping a friend is important too, be consistent, be kind and considerate, that is the key to being a good friend. 

If you use these tips you will for sure make at least one good friend. You can believe me with that one, I mean I have one year of middle school left and then I’m off to face an even bigger challenge, HIGH SCHOOL!  But I want to make this last year in middle school a great one and make as many new friends as possible. I mean yeah it’s nerve racking to talk to your new classmates, heck I’m nervous to for this year but I’m going to take my own advice and use it to make 8th grade spectacular!!!!!!


Teachers

Teachers! Doesn’t that sound even more nerve racking?...but trust me all your teachers are there to teach you to learn. I mean yeah, duh, you guys already know that, but what I’m trying to say is they’re not there to be mean to you or to be your friend, I mean yes some teachers may seem mean but  they all have a different way of teaching you just have to get to know your teacher before you judge, and respect for each other is important too. If you get to know your teachers better you’ll understand their teaching and realize that you can pass that class and succeed. But enough of me rambling on and on, and on.  I hope this blog post helped some of you guys out for that nerve wrecking first day of school.

Xoxoxo,
Gracie Dilla 😁 



Post a Comment